Getting a replacement certificate of registration

If your Part B certificate of registration has been lost, mislaid or destroyed, you can apply for a replacement certificate.

You need to do these things:

  1. Complete the Application for New Certificate
  2. Pay the replacement certificate fee of NZ$470 - please tell us the payment method you used.
  3. Send your completed application form to Maritime New Zealand by email, courier or post

When we receive the application and fee, we will issue the replacement certificate of registration and send it to you by courier.

You can send your application via email, courier or post:


Registrar of Ships
Operator Certification
Maritime New Zealand
1 Grey Street
Wellington 6011
New Zealand

Registrar of Ships
Operator Certification
Maritime New Zealand
PO Box 25602
Wellington 6146
New Zealand

Related information:

Ship registration fees and charges

Find our ship registration fees, how they are applied and how you can pay them.
View fees and more

For more information

Contact us

If you have any questions about ship registration, contact us.

+64 4 473 0111