Social media transparency statement
How we use social media
We use social media to share:
- the work that Maritime NZ does
- the guidance and services that Maritime NZ provides to recreational boaties, seafarers, vessel owner operators, Ports & Harbours and surveyors
- projects we are working on with our partners
- new content from our digital channels (e.g. videos, events)
- insights about the work we do and what it’s like to work for us
- information about careers and job vacancies at Maritime NZ
- other tweets, articles or publications of interest that are relevant to our work and of interest to our community
How we engage
We welcome feedback and ideas from our followers and will try to join these conversations where possible; however, we can't guarantee that we will be able to reply individually to every post.
All social media accounts are monitored from 9am to 5pm on weekdays and sporadically outside these hours. We will respond to private messages, as soon as we can, during business hours. If you have an urgent query, please contact us directly.
We may choose to retweet, @mention, or post information by other organisations and/or individuals for the interest and information of our followers. We do not necessarily endorse, or guarantee, the accuracy of this information.
We may follow/like organisations and individuals that are relevant to our organisation. We do not necessarily endorse, or guarantee, the accuracy of this information.
Our social media channels
We currently use the following social media channels.
- Maritime NZ Twitter
- Maritime NZ Facebook
- Maritime NZ LinkedIn
- Safer Boating Facebook
- Safer Boating Instagram
You are welcome to follow us on these channels.
We love to hear from everyone that is interested in the work of Maritime NZ.
The information below sets out the terms under which we invite you to engage with us. We ask that you respect other people’s views while using/interacting with our social media pages. We may remove any posts that include:
- any explicit or unrelated content or personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- commercial endorsements or promotion of any product, service or publication
- language or content that is defamatory, racist, sexist or discriminatory, insulting, offensive (including swearing and obscene or vulgar comments), or potentially harmful advice
- content that is not accurate or relevant.
- Comments or users that breach any of our terms may be removed and blocked from our pages
You are welcome to interact with us further via our social media channels.
Enquiries and complaints
If you have any queries about our information gathering activities, or you believe we have not acted in accordance with this statement, please contact:
The Director, Maritime NZ
Level 11, 1 Grey Street
PO Box 25620, Wellington 6140