Change of ownership

Under Part B registration, you cannot register a change of ownership.

If the new owner wants to have a Part B registration, they must apply for a new registration.

If a ship registered in Part B is sold, or the ownership changes in any other way, the registration comes to an end.

How to close a Part B registration

Related information:

Ship registration fees and charges

Find our ship registration fees, how they are applied and how you can pay them.
View fees and more

For more information

Contact us

If you have any questions about ship registration, contact us.

+64 4 473 0111