Maritime NZ Big Angry Fish boating safety video competition
WIN a prize pack worth $900 including a Shimano Rod and reel, two of Big Angry Fish’s custom-made lures, a lucky fishing hat and a lifejacket!
Watch the video and tell us what waterproof ways to call for help you’ll take on the water this summer. One entry per person.
See Terms & Conditions
Maritime NZ Big Angry Fish boating safety video competition
By commenting to win and answering the question on the Maritime NZ Big Angry Fish boating safety video competition you agree and acknowledge that you will be entered into the competition to win an ‘prize pack’ of 1x Shimano rod and reel, 1x Hills Hats hat, 2x fishing lures and 1x lifejacket.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Entrants must like the Safer Boating NZ Facebook page in order to enter the competition to win 1x Shimano rod and reel, 1x Hills Hats hat, 2x fishing lures and 1x lifejacket. The promotional period is from 12pm, 17 November 2017 to 11.59pm, 3 December 2017.
- To win the ‘prize pack’ participants must watch the video posted to the Safer Boating NZ Facebook page for the competition. Entrants must comment to win by answering the question in the post correctly. The winner will be randomly selected from the correct entries.
- One video will be posted and entrants can enter only once. There will only be one winner selected from the comments to win. Anyone making more than 1 entry will be disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen by Maritime New Zealand or a representative of Maritime New Zealand.
- Maritime NZ will publish a separate post with the winners’ profile name on the Safer Boating NZ Facebook page on 5 December 2017. The entrant must contact us within 48 hours and provide their first and last name and a cellphone number so we can award the prize.
- The Promoter is Maritime New Zealand, Level 11, 1 Grey Street, PO Box 25620, Wellington, 6146. The promotion is the “Maritime NZ Big Angry Fish boating safety video competition” (“the Promotion”).
- Information on how to enter the Promotion forms part of these terms and conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is only open to residents of New Zealand.
- Entry is open to those aged 15 years or over. Identification proof will be required on collection of the prize.
- After contacting the winner, the winner’s photo, first name and last name may be used within an announcement post on “Facebook”, a media release and used for promotion.
- The Promotion is open to individual persons only.
- Entries not complying with these terms and conditions, are invalid.
- Entries received before the opening of the Promotion period, or after the close of the Promotion period will not be eligible to enter the promotion.
- If the winner does not respond to Maritime NZ within 48 hours of a post being published on the Safer Boating NZ Facebook page with their profile name, then the winner will be deemed to have forfeited their prize and the Promoter will select a new winner on the same terms as the original winner was selected.
- The prize is a ‘prize pack’ consisting of 1x Shimano rod and reel, 1x Hills Hats hat, 2x fishing lures and 1x lifejacket.
- If any advertised prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize to the equal or greater value. The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- The Promoter will take no responsibility for any issues associated with accessing the Promotion.
- Staff of the Promoter and anyone associated with the Promotion are not eligible to enter this competition.
Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that:
- By accepting a prize, they agree to participate in any publicity arrangements that the Promoter may reasonably require in relation to this Promotion.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- The entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- The entrant warrants and represents to the Promoter that the entry is owned by them and does not breach anyone else’s rights or require third party permission (or that such third party permissions have been obtained by the entrant from any relevant third party).
- The Promoters decision is entirely at its discretion, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet Service Provider used.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, entrants and winners (including an entrant’s or winner’s identity, age and place of residence), and to disqualify any entrant or winner who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for: a. any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication including any email communication sent to the Promoter by any entrant (or by the Promoter to any entrant) whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; b. any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; or c. any problem with, or technical malfunction of, or capability issue (or lack thereof), relating to any computer system, smart phone or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, and agents), will not be liable in any way (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to;
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize that is late, lost, altered, or misdirected (whether or not that occurs after its receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in the relevant prize stated in these terms and conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by an entrant or a winner; or the use of a relevant prize.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify a consumer’s rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. These terms and conditions must be read subject to those statutory provisions and will not affect any statutory rights that an entrant may have in relation to the return of a prize.
- The Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Promotion or any part of the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control adversely affects their ability to conduct the Promotion or part of the Promotion as contemplated in these terms and conditions. Any cancellation or modification to the Promotion will be notified on the Promoter’s Facebook account.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entrants have the right of access to, and right to request correction of, their personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
Competition ends 3 December 2017 at 11.59 pm.
Most of you are really good at wearing lifejackets. Did you know that over 60% of fatalities occur because the person wasn't wearing a lifejacket. Did you also know that 58% of fatalities failed to have adequate communications - a VHF radio and a beacon are what we consider the minimum.
This year we're starting the push for boaties to have a VHF radio.
Prep, Check, Know
Safety on the water starts long before you even get in your boat and continues long after you're in it. Every year Milan and Nathan from Big Angry Fish make us funny, entertaining safety videos. These ones have had over 200,000 views.
Prep your boat
Service the engine, check and change the fuel, check the battery and just generally give the boat a good once over. Here's how Nathan and Milan do it.
Check your gear
Make sure your lifejackets are still fit for purpose and you have enough, service any inflatable lifejackets and ensure you have two reliable forms of communication equipment. This funny video is serious stuff.
Know the rules
Ensure you know the ‘rules of the road’ on the water, and check your local bylaws to make sure you understand what the requirements are in your area. The video may be silly, but the message is important.
“Nobody’s faster than disaster”
The 2017-18 summer boating campaign will carry on the work we started last year with the theme, “Nobody’s faster than disaster”, and promote the safer boating code:
- wear your lifejacket
- take two waterproof ways to call for help
- check the marine weather forecast
- avoid alcohol
- be a responsible skipper.
More will be revealed closer to the launch.