Maritime Rules Part 47
Current version of Part 47
This rule is made up of:
- Section 1, which applies to:
- commercial ships other than fishing ships of more than 24 metres in length, and barges of 24 metres or more in length which go beyond the coastal limit
- Section 2, which applies to:
- smaller ships that carry cargo
- Section 3, which applies to:
- barges of 24 metres or more in length which do not go beyond the coastal limit.
Part 47 is divided into 3 sections.
Each section prescribes requirements for assigning and marking load lines and the issue of a load line certificate in respect of the ship or barge.
Section 1 covers the requirements of the International Load Line Convention 1966 and its 1988 Protocol. The assigned and marked load lines indicate the draught to which the ship or barge may be safely loaded, having regard to its design, construction and area of operation.